Monday 11 October 2010

2D Illustration, graphic design

I will design a leaflet/poster pacifically for small children. Children should learn at a young age how to cope in a difficult situation. So, basic recovery position and CPR. 
I am going to design an interactive book for children, that focuses on the 3 basic things to do in an emergency...
999 call
CPR
Recovery position
The book will consist of a storyboard of pictures like a cartoon comic. Each picture when pressed will have a voice over control telling the child what to do. Children are only learning how to read and wouldn't understand written instructions.



RESEARCH



As I am designing an interactive first aid book for children I researched a company that make interactive toys for children called 'vtech'. I looked up their products at http://www.vtechuk.com/.
Storio Animated E-Book Reader
This is one of their many interactive story books. It has an interactive animated storyteller, which I would like to incorporate into my design.

Bugsby Reading System with Bugsby
This book has a pen which you use to rub over the sentence and an interactive voice tells you what it says. This the idea I have for my first aid book, because small children cannot read fluently yet. So I thought this would be a perfect solution as well as being quick in an emergency. 


EMERGENCY CALL
                                                                        CPR


                                                            RECOVERY POSITION





No comments:

Post a Comment